25th ACA National Convention - Adelaide SA
NEW DATE! 12-15 August 2021
Messages from Organisers, ACA 25th National Convention
From the Convention Coordinator
Adelaide cloggers welcome you to attend the 25th ACA National Clogging Convention, 2021 to be held at the Marion Leisure and Fitness Centre (YMCA), cnr Oaklands Road and Rosedale Avenue, Morphettville, South Australia, commencing Thursday 12 August 2021 with the Welcome Dance at 7:30pm and concluding Sunday 15 August 2021 at midday.
Although we had to postpone our 2020 convention until 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we promise to deliver a very memorable experience for the 25th ACA National Clogging Convention.
If you have already registered for 2020 and would like us to hold your registration over, you don't need to do anything. If you prefer a refund, please contact the Treasurer, Vanessa Moss, see below...
Paula Schetters - May 2020
From the Convention Treasurer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic the 25th ACA National Convention has been postponed to 2021. At this stage we do not know the date of next year's convention but we will keep you informed via the ACA website, the 25th National Clogging Convention Facebook page, the ACA Facebook page and the ACA Public Group Facebook page.
If you are happy to transfer your registration (including anything you have ordered or booked for) to 2021 you don't need to do anything, however, if you wish to be reimbursed for your registration etc please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will arrange your refund (via direct deposit/transfer into your bank account or refund to your credit card; please stipulate which - we do not have access to cheques). Please note that the early bird registrations closed on the 31st December 2019. Any registrations received after that date (this year or next year) will be charged the standard registration price.
We appreciate and value your continued support of our convention.
Please check the ACA website, the 25th National Clogging Convention Facebook page, the ACA Facebook page and the ACA Public Group Facebook page for updates.
I hope you and your family are keeping healthy and safe during these uncertain and unprecedented times.
Vanessa Moss - Tues 14 April 2020
The ACA National Convention is the premier clogging event of the year in Australia. Each year it is held in different regions on behalf of the ACA. It attracts leaders and dancers from around Australia and New Zealand. It is a weekend event, with social dancing in the evenings and workshops during the day.
Archives from past conventions are available to logged in ACA members.
Marion Leisure and Fitness Centre (YMCA)
cnr Oaklands Road & Rosedale Ave, Morphettville, South Australia
SOCIAL DANCING: Included are Thursday's Welcome Dance, and Friday and Saturday night's Social Dances
WORKSHOPS & SEMINARS: On Friday afternoon, Saturday morning & afternoon, and Sunday morning
MEALS: Saturday - all meals; Sunday - morning tea only. Supper is provided on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. ALL DIETS are catered for.
- Cost of registration, ACA Member: $190
- Cost of registration, Non Member: $210
- Under 16 Dancer: $100
- Non Dancer: $100
'Passionate About Dance'
Judy is well known to many of our Australian cloggers already, and to those who have not yet met her, you will soon learn about all the wonderful things that Judy brings to clogging and also about Canadian Step Dancing which she is passionate about, in particular, the preservation of this dance form and the old tyme fiddling music.
Judy is a dynamic teacher and performer who loves to connect with her audience and impart her vast knowledge of clogging and Canadian Step Dancing. Judy was founder and director of Canadian Heritage, a unique performance group formed to preserve and promote old tyme fiddling and Step Dancing.
Judy's love of fiddle music and dance began at an early age and her many successes as a Step Dance Champion opened new doors for her and eventually into running one of the largest dance schools in Canada, now in its 39th year!....
Read more in the flyer, and click these links for Judy's Full Biography and Judy's Video Links...
Shooting Hints for Step-Teach Videos
If you are going to make your own Step Teach Video, read these guidelines if you want cloggers to enjoy and learn from your instructions!
The main things, in decreasing order of importance, are shown below.
- Hold the camera or phone in landscape orientation, like in the image.This is crucial for pleasing playback on TVs or monitors. Don't use a square Instagram format either.
- Good sound quality, clear, no noise and adequate volume Play it back, and get someone else to check that they can hear & understand you clearly.
- Instructor well lit with soft (not shadowy) lighting. Don't, if possible, have a bright background, like a sunlit outdoors, if you are undercover or indoors.
- Use a tripod or monopod to hold the phone or camera steady, if you have one.This is not reality TV - users will want to study your feet!
- Fill the frame vertically, head near the top, feet near the bottom. Most importanly, do not cut off your feet!
- Focus on the instructor (not on the background).
- Neutral or uncluttered background. Do not distract the viewer with messy backgrounds.
- Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080px) if available on your phone or camera.
if you have access to them
- Double speed frame rate (50 or 60 frames/second) preferable, but the standard (25 or 30fps) will do if not available on your phone or camera.
- Recording format preferably AVCHD, MP4, MOV but anything your phone or camera produces can probably be handled.
Read this good article for phone users which gives another point of view on these matters, and the recommendations are equally important for camera users! Have a look at other Step Teach Videos, and at YouTube replays of the Worldwide Clogging Fun Dance and judge for yourself which ones follow these guidelines, and which ones don't!
Click the thumbnails below to download the required documentation...
|Invitation and Information Brochure|
|Cuer/Instruction Nomination Form|
|Top Ten Things To Do In Adelaide|
|Monarto Open Plains Zoo Tour|
There are PDF downloads on this page. If you do not have the free Adobe Reader, you can get it from Adobe using this link.