Choreo Competition 2020
If you haven't already, it's time you reviewed the entries in this year's Choreography Competition! Give your support to Australia's budding choreographers by looking at their work. Remember, you have to be a member of the ACA, and be logged on to visit the competition page.
1 days of voting left!
Votes Cast in Easy Intermediate
Votes Cast in Intermediate
Voting Days to Go
ChoreoComp Voting How-To Video
For members uncertain about how to vote in the Choreography Competition, there are instructions on the competition page, or if you prefer video instruction, Amanda Lim has put together a great little video that will help you a lot. To watch the video, just click on the Play button below. If the viewport is too small for you, doubleclick in the video after you start it to make it full-screen. And then, press Esc to return to this webpage.
ACA Historical Videos in new YouTube Channel
President Nev Flegg has just initiated a new Australian Clogging Association YouTube Channel to showcase historical ACA videos with contemporary ones to follow. Nev has recruited legendary Queensland member Amanda Lim to team up on the project, so look forward to the Channel growing with more videos as time goes by. Click on the link to check the Channel out, and don't forget to leave comments on each video!
Newsflash from the President...
The Australian Clogging Association (ACA) executive committee recently held its meeting and made some important decisions following the postponement of the 25th ACA National Convention 2020. We have some great news to share.
- The ACA National Dance List of 2020 will continue as it is currently through until late 2021 when normal voting will be carried out for the next year. Due to covid-19, clogging classes have not been run or had time to teach many dances, so to ease the pressure it will stay as is. For workshops that ran early in this year before the shutdowns, please make sure the syllabus has been sent for others to access from the ACA library.
- The ACA 2020 Annual General Meeting (AGM) will go ahead via a virtual online meeting. The ACA AGM will be held at 2pm Sunday 11th October @ 2pm (NSW time). Details will be announced at a later date on how this meeting will be run but we need enough for a quorum but not too many as we can ZOOM up to 100 maximum.
- Voting for the ACA executive and all other positions will also take place during the ACA AGM on 11/10/2020. Vice president, President, plus other positions will be available as Dell & myself are at our 3-year limit. The secretary will soon send out notification of the AGM, voting and requesting annual reports be submitted from all ACA committee positions and state reps. If you are still standing in your current position, don’t forget you still need to send in a nomination form. If you are standing down, please let us know if nobody has been found to fill your position. Any questions please ask.
- The ACA Choreography competition will proceed as planned this year and run again next year with the prizes still being the same. Those winners from 2020 will be taught next year along with the winners of 2021. You will get 4 big winners taught at one convention! Don’t forget the ACA conventions officially start Thursday nights now so these or others may get taught Friday afternoon after the 2021 leaders meeting & AGM.
- Music licences for ACA clubs. APRA AMCOS is the trading name of APRA (Australasian Performing Right Association) and AMCOS (Australasian Mechanical Copyright Owners Society). APRA AMCOS grants licences for the live performance, broadcast, communication, public playing and reproduction of its members' musical works. The ACA pays a license fee to play, perform, copy & record. In the past, the ACA has paid the fees according to clogging clubs opting to be a part of the ACA group deal and clubs were sent a bill of approx. $60 per year. It has had a major shakeup and is now listed as “OneMusic”. This has changed fee structures. The ACA executive committee had suggestions and has decided for this first year, due to COVID-19, the ACA will pay for all clubs to be under the umbrella until it is due again June 2021. Once we work out the fees for individual clubs in 2021, then clubs will need to decide to be part of it.
- The 25th ACA National Convention will now be Thursday 12/8/2020 to Sunday 15/8/2020. If you had booked and have NOT asked for a refund, you don’t need to do anything. Everyone else can now register for what will be a very special convention.
Nev Flegg, Tue02Jun2020
As COVID-19 Restrictions Ease...
All Clogging Classes shown on this website are subject to COVID-19 restrictions and most are in recess. Some Classes may begin to resume as restrictions are eased, but they must still implement the local COVID-19 rules of social contact. The new normal is here for a while yet - washing hands and social distancing are very important. When considering attendance at a Clogging Class, you should refer to the instructor and the government guidelines in your state as they are all different.
Please take into account your own personal circumstances and if you think it's safe and you are ready to return, consult the nominated Contact Person from the Where Can I Clog directory to confirm if and when Classes resume. Some classes are being held online so please contact those Instructors directly for more information and links so you can join.
Sadly, some Classes may not return at all and some Instructors have decided to retire after many years support of the ACA. We’d especially like to thank everyone for their dedication.
Worldwide Clogging Fun Dance
The Worldwide Clogging Fundance was a great USA innovation to keep clogging going during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Even now, as some Auusie clubs are getting going after the pandemic closures, it's great to look back at those saved Worldwide Clogging Fun Dance recordings. Click on the link to relive and redance 10 episodes of the WWCFD!
Beginners' Class News
Do you want to learn clogging? See announcements on Beginners' Classes below. If you don't see any beginner classes listed in your area, contact the relevant club leader and make enquiries. They might start a class just for you!
Welcome to the Australian Clogging Association (ACA) website. We hope you enjoy your visit. If you are looking for information on classes near you, visit the class lists. If you would like more information on any section, would like to know more about clogging in Australia or would like to make clogging contacts then make contact with one of our executive as shown on the Committee Page.
State Showcase Winner 2018 - NSW
At the 23rd ACA National Convention held in Burnie Tasmania in 2018, the NSW entry "Better When I'm Dancing" was voted the winner of the State Showcases. Choreography was by Georgia Nicholson. Here is the winning dance, cued by Jason Nicholson.
Members' Only Area
Members now have their own restricted area of this website. You'll have to login for access, then you can see and edit your own membership record, access the lastest and past newsletters, see the resource library and much more.
Online Membership Application
You can join the ACA by completing the online application form. Visit our Membership page to see the benefits of membership and get to the online application form.
Online Membership Renewal
Current ACA members can now renew online, but you have to be logged on first. Login, then you'll see Renew My Membership in the main menu.
A link to the ACA quarterly Newsletter has been emailed to all financial members who have a registered email address and have not requested a hardcopy version. Be sure to look for it in your inbox. If you can't find the email with the link to the newsletter, have a look in your Spam folder or your Promotions folder, just in case the unfamiliar sender was rejected by your email client. If you still can't find the email, let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Enjoy the latest newsletter!
Hi, I'm Mike Salon, and I'm the ACA Webmaster. If you have any feedback on device compatibility, style, layout or colour schemes, please email them to ACA Webmaster. Forgive me if you find any bugs or broken links, but please feel free to point them out!
|How to Contact Us...|
|1300 780 017|
|PO Box 284, Wynyard, Tasmania 7325|