26th ACA National Convention - Canberra ACT
The ACA National Convention is the premier clogging event of the year in Australia. Each year it is held in different regions on behalf of the ACA. It attracts leaders and dancers from around Australia and New Zealand. It is a weekend event, with social dancing in the evenings and workshops during the day.
Archives from past conventions are available to logged in ACA members.
Friday 09 September Program adjustment
There will be workshops held on Friday afternoon to make up for only having two halls!
- 08:30am: Registration Opens in Foyer
- 09:30am: Instructors' Meeting in Foyer
- 10:45am: Annual General Meeting in Bicentennial Hall, QPAC
- 12:00noon: Instructors' Lunch in Foyer
- 01:00pm: Workshops Commence in Wallaby & Bicentennial Halls
- 03:55pm: Rehearsal Opportunity in Wallaby Hall
- 04:00pm: Meet and Greet (new Members & Committee) in Bicentennial Hall, QPAC
The Gang's All Here!
Want to know more about our logo, the Gang Gang Cockatoo? Click the link for more information.
Scroll down this page or click here for more details of Convention Merchandise, styles, sizes etc.
Click the thumbnails below to download the required documentation...
|Invitation and Information Brochure|
|Cuer/Instruction Nomination Form|
|Parking Options near Bicentennial Hall|
Here are some useful links to help you better enjoy your visit to Queanbeyan and Canberra...
Thanks to all our models. See Convention Documentation for Registration Form with prices and to order.
Ladies Polo Shirt
Mens Polo Shirt
Ladies Polo Shirt size 12
Ladies Polo Shirt size 16
Mens Polo Shirt size XL
Ladies Polo Shirt size 16
Ladies Polo Shirt size 18
Mens Polo Shirt size L
There are PDF downloads on this page. If you do not have the free Adobe Reader, you can get it from Adobe using this link.
Shooting Hints for Workshop Teach Videos
If you are going to make your own Workshop Teach Video, read these guidelines if you want cloggers to enjoy and learn from your instructions!
The main things, in decreasing order of importance, are shown below.
- Hold the camera or phone in landscape orientation, like in the image.This is crucial for pleasing playback on TVs or monitors. Don't use a square Instagram format either.
- Good sound quality, clear, no noise and adequate volume Play it back, and get someone else to check that they can hear & understand you clearly.
- Instructor well lit with soft (not shadowy) lighting. If possible, DON'T have a bright background, like a sunlit outdoors, if you are undercover or indoors.
- Use a tripod or monopod to hold the phone or camera steady, if you have one.This is not reality TV - users will want to study your feet!
- Fill the frame vertically, head near the top, feet near the bottom. Most importanly, do not cut off your feet!
- Focus on the instructor (not on the background).
- Neutral or uncluttered background. Do not distract the viewer with messy backgrounds.
- Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080px) if available on your phone or camera.
if you have access to them
- Double speed frame rate (50 or 60 frames/second) preferable, but the standard (25 or 30fps) will do if not available on your phone or camera.
- Recording format preferably AVCHD, MP4, MOV but anything your phone or camera produces can probably be handled.
Read this good article for phone users which gives another point of view on these matters, and the recommendations are equally important for camera users! Have a look at other Workshop Teach Videos, and at YouTube replays of the Worldwide Clogging Fun Dance and judge for yourself which ones follow these guidelines, and which ones don't!